Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wanted: Motivation to Make it Through the Winter

Needless to say, I haven't been very motivated these last few weeks. I can rattle off excuses about how much I've been working (16 hours straight on Christmas, YAY!) or my health (2, count 'em, 2 kidney stones say that my body got confused by meat and wants to go veg again) but in the end, they're all justifications for slacking off.

It's not really all that hard to stop by the gym on the way home from work. Yes I hate the gym. Yes I hate treadmills. Yes I would much rather be smoking half a pack over a giant beer and a shepherd's pie the size of my head. But it is far easier to give up than to keep pushing myself that next mile or seeing how much I can improve my 5k time, and I'll never be accused of taking the easy way out.

1 comment:

C said...

Hope you're doing well and have found your motivation once again. Mine is currently playing hide and seek with me, but dammit, I'm going to win this time. :)