Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Hate Treadmills

And winter. It's official. It started snowing too much to run outside (also, they don't salt, plow, or even shovel our street) and so I've consigned myself to the treadmill. I absolutely hate it. Needless to say there's not a lot to say about running in place, in front of a television, surrounded by 20 year old meatheads dropping 50lb handweights and grunting.

Someone who lives in a beautifully warm and balmy place please tell me how you're logging miles in the sweet sunshine. I will live on through you.

6 comments:

Southbaygirl said...

If it makes you feel any better, the warm somewhat balmy places (Southern California) are cold and wet right now(we've even had snow) so you are not alone!!!

Unknown said...

Well, it's cold here too, so I'm stuck on the dreadmill as well. Maybe just think of the rest of us slogging away indoors with you... Hey, at least you're doing it indoors instead of just not doing it altogether!

C said...

There's no snow here, so I ran today. It was great.

I'll be in snow country as of Sunday though. Then I'll be feeling your pain. But sadly, there's not even a horrid treadmill to help me get in some miles.

Felice Devine said...

I understand how you feel. Our forecast is 6-12 inches of snow for tomorrow -- fun! The treadmill is a necessary evil in my book.

I try to mix up my speed on the treadmill. That keeps it from being completely boring.

E said...

We've had rain for the past 4 days, so I can't talk about the sunshine. :)

atrusni said...

MMmmmm... no sunshine over here!!, maybe in Argentina or Brazil...or any of those countries below the Ecuador may have some sun these days!!.

Not even your Ipod helped you on your treadmill runs?!?!, I know its a pain to run on the treadmill, but it is better than no running at all!!

web.me.com/amaurydeleon