Monday, November 17, 2008

Back from Vegas!

And it was pretty awesome. I made a point of staying at the gaudiest hotel I could find and it was perfect. Upon returning home, though, I found it is truly the beginning of winter-the first snow had fallen and temperatures had plunged.



Great.



This wouldn't really bother me except for the fact that my neighborhood streets don't get salted. The cold I can handle, but trying to run on solid ice isn't going to work for me. So I pose a question:



Should I break down and buy a gym membership to use the treadmill or should I start looking for different routes to run outside?

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

UGH! We are experiencing the weather you are! I run all year round outside. When its icy or lots of snow, I go to an area where they clear the pathway system. My experience has been getting injured when I run on a treadmill and then try to transition to outside again. I know lots of people prefer the treadmill in winter and it works for them. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I've seen some pretty cool products out there to give your shoes traction on icy sidewalks - you could always try some of those... Personally though, I'd probably just run at the gym and take the opportunity to add in lots of cross training while you're there.

atrusni said...

A treadmill can get you out of trouble very, very easy!, I have one in my house and it is just great to hop on it and start running at whatever time without considering the outside environment.

Take a try at the gym and the treadmill. Get a subscription for just one month.

web.me.com/amaurydeleon

Southbaygirl said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!