Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1.03

I logged back into Nike+ and absolutely cringed at how long it's been since my last run. Ages and ages does not cover the dust that has gathered on my running shoes. I did find, however, that they have a new coaching and training section with a walk to run program. Walk to Run? Yeah, I think I can do that. I was supposed to start off with a 15 minute mile walk. I thought it would be nice to ask Dad to come along, seeing as his doctor told him he needs to walk every day. I know he'd never do it by himself. I goaded him into coming with me and regretted it only slightly when I realized that, at our leisurely pace, I wasn't going to walk a mile in 15 minutes. I decided that I'd rather spend some time with Daddo than be spot on with my training. It was a gorgeous dusk-no mosquitoes (amazingly) and a nice cool breeze. 
I probably could have trotted a little bit but my eagerness won't make up for my rustiness. 

1 comment:

atrusni said...

excellent blog I am very happy that you took the courage to go to the doctor. You should be proud of yourself because you did that.

I know people that are psychiatrists and I know that going to the doctor and recognizing they have an illness is a step that not everyone can take on their own

For the running, I will be happy to help you out!!

Web.me.com/amaurydeleon