Thursday, September 25, 2008

.26, .29, .32, .69...

So I've had better runs. I was pretty excited for tonight's run/walk and I decided that, since I haven't been running for awhile, I should re-calibrate my Nike+ sensor. I tried it once, running, and it clocked me at 27' mi. I knew that couldn't be right, even on my worst day, and so I tried it again walking. It clocked me in at 24' mi and when it got to its calibration distance (.25 miles) it didn't say anything so I stopped it and tried again, and again, and again. Finally it took the calibration but it had me running at a pace of 30' mi! I'm slow-actually really really slow-but not THAT slow. So I finally deleted the calibration and everything went back to normal. Then I realised that it doesn't count your calibrations into your mileage. So then I had to do ANOTHER mile. I was tired and I'm pretty sure my Dalmatian went to the bathroom in the middle of the street. And not the bathroom that evaporates. I usually carry baggies with me tied onto the end of her leash but of course, they had fallen off somewhere on my route. So I littered AND left surprises for my neighbors. 

Needless to say, it wasn't the best night of my life.

No comments: