Sunday, September 28, 2008

1.1

Despite being ridiculously tired this evening, I had a great run. Also, I realised that my Sunday 5min run/1min walk was a typo. SWEET.

I don't want to jinx myself but after my walk to run program is over, I'm going to start training for a 5k. I'm sort of paranoid about injuries though. When I was boxing I pulled a muscle in my lower back during a training session and it pinched my sciatic nerve which laid me up for nearly a year. Now I'm so worried about something like that happening again. I try to take things slow and read all I can about common beginners injuries and how to prevent them.

I was wondering as well if I should join some kind of running club. Part of me is amazingly embarrassed about my slowness but I was looking up some race times tonight and I realised that I'm pretty solidly middle-of-the-pack time-wise. I don't mind being mediocre in the least. I tried to scam someone into running with me but everyone I know lives too far away or refuses to run on principle.

How can I convince someone to be my running buddy without resorting to extortion, blackmail, or torture?

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Great for you for getting back at doing something you love! It's all about taking it slow and listening to your body. There is no need to be able to run real fast and far right now. Running with a group can be wonderful for motivation.

Keep up the good work and stay positive! It's looking good on you!