Tuesday, September 30, 2008

1.24

I was so exhausted today that I tried to weasel out of work early, to no avail. It is so wrong that I can basically go home early every day if I wanted. Great for my free time, horrible for my paycheck. I spent the entire day eating halloween cookies, talking to my work buddies, and planning my upcoming travel on Lonely Planet. Best. Job. Ever.

I came home at about 6:30pm, ate a bit of dinner, and tried to take a nap. I tossed and turned for about an hour and a half, changed nap strategies and crashed in my bed instead of my couch, and finally fell asleep at about 8pm. I woke up to complete darkness and my dog dreaming in his bed (so cute, except when it wakes you up). I thought it was the middle of the night and I was kicking myself for missing my run. I flopped over to check the time and it was only 10! YES. Even though I could have just rolled over and slept through the night, I got up, got my scrub-gear on, and went out for my run. I've been nervous about running more than 1 minute at a time as my walk-to-run program has assigned me a (gasp!) whole 3 minutes tomorrow. I know it's idiotic to be nervous about a 3 minute run when I used to run 5k but I feel like a total noob. I took a crack at running 2 minutes straight tonight and didn't even really feel out of breath at the end. I could have easily gone at least another minute. This makes me feel a lot better about my previous visions of keeling over and possibly dying tomorrow. Death averted!

Has anyone else ever been nervous about running such a small distance? I cannot be the only one.

2 comments:

E said...

Totally normal to feel a little nervous. You're doing a great job. Keep at it. :)

Amy said...

I don't really get nervous about running short distances, but I do get crazy excited about running short distances, the first time I got past the one mile mark I told everyone!