Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1.76

I got lost.

My subdivision is brand new and thus mostly unfinished. It's great for running because there are streets but no cars, no houses, just woods and meadows. There are also lots of strange empty cul-de-sacs and dead end streets which, at 10:30pm, can seem sort of creepy. I took a few wrong turns in the dark and ended up on this weird loop through the woods. It was pitch black, late, and my dog is afraid of her own shadow at night. I'm sure it's very pretty and peaceful during the day but tonight I kept thinking I was going to trip over a garbage bag with a torso in it or something. It didn't help that I was watching a show about the Boston Strangler right before that. 

My three minute intervals were pretty easy. I'm running better this time around than last time I think. I'm remembering to go slow, concentrate on my form, lean slightly forward, use my core and not my legs or my back, avoid t-rex arms, and relax my shoulders. As a result, I'm not getting as winded as I was the first time around. It was a pretty decent run despite the fact that I kept looking behind me every 10 seconds expecting to see Jack the Ripper. 

OT: I'm planning my October trip now. I want to spend a couple of days in London, a few days in Scotland, and then fly back down to spend the rest in Bath with a friend. Anyone been that way? I know what I want to see in London and Bath but I'm clueless on Scotland.

No comments: