Sunday, October 12, 2008

1.46

Okay so I decided that I'm getting really sluggish and I think it has to do with me trying to run when all I've eaten that day is a big mac, fries, some twizzlers, chocolate ice cream, and diet pop. That can't be good fuel. The thing is, I hate the idea of a diet. HATE. I think any plan based on deprivation, constant monitoring, and guilt is-by its very nature-evil. I was a vegetarian for years and then went vegan in college. Along with animal product, I gave up refined white sugar (as it's often made with bone char from slaughterhouses) and it was the best I ever felt in my life. Then, when I moved to Australia, otherwise known as the land of beef, I caved and went back to vegetarian. It was bad enough I didn't eat meat, if I told Aussies I didn't eat ANY animal byproduct, they'd probably run screaming to alert the authorities that there was some sort of monster running loose. The vegetarianism went by the wayside when I was stuck in the outback,  having poorly planned my food rations, with nothing to eat but my friends donated tins of tuna. Of course it had to be tuna. The ONLY meat I missed. So I caved, and caved BIG. My grand plan is to eventually go vegan again, but it's hard when you live with people who think beef makes up the base of the food pyramid. Therefore, I am either vegan or I live on a steady diet of junk food. This seems like an unreasonable choice. Cheetos are awesome but can they really sustain a human being? 

Should I take the plunge and go veg again? Or should I just suck it up and call weight watchers?

No comments: