Thursday, October 16, 2008

1.15

After a few days of foot cramps and the beginning of shin splints, I decided to cave and head to the running store for new shoes. My good old Saucony Revolutions have been all over the world, including some serious time in the Australian wilderness. I thought it was time to trade them in for a new pair, with a bit more arch support. I ended up getting the Asics Gel Foundations 8. I came home, sort of unsure as to whether I should have spent 90 bucks on new shoes when my old ones weren't THAT bad. I always feel guilty about spending money if it's not absolutely necessary. I looked them up online and discovered that Runner's World named them the best update for 2008 and one of the recommended motion control shoes overall. That made me feel infinitely better. I took them for a test drive today, a short walk and a couple minutes run to test them out. They seem good so far, MUCH lighter than my clunky Revolutions, although I definitely need longer shoelaces. I might still take my old buddies out for a walk now and again. But my old Lottos are definitely getting donated. I think that will balance out my financial karma. 

A friend of mine found a flyer at the running store for an 8k in November. I won't be ready to run it by then but my friend suggested we walk it. It's a benefit run/walk for the local Friends of the Park. I wouldn't mind supporting that cause, since I know a lot of people use the park and they take good care of it. I think it would be a nice thing to be involved with, even if I am walking it.

No comments: