Sunday, October 5, 2008

1.63

While I was shuffling along home tonight after my interval run, I wondered why my feet and legs were so sore and heavy. I wasn't in serious pain, but I felt sluggish on my cooldown walk. I wondered if I shouldn't have just walked yesterday when I was supposed to instead of running intervals. When I got to my door and ended my run on Nike+, not only had I just finished my second longest run but I also ran my fastest mile yet. It brings my horribly embarrassing mile time from 15'07" to 14'50". I am officially under 15 minutes! There are actually people in the world who are slower than me now! Mediocrity, I'm comin' for ya!

Also, my left shin hurts a little. I'm glad tomorrow is my rest day.

1 comment:

Felice Devine said...

Thanks for stopping over at my site!

Congrats on lowering your time and having your longest run. Don't think of it as a "horribly embarrassing mile time" -- it is where you are right now and that is nothing to be embarrassed about!

I read that you are thinking about eventually training for a 5k and I would say definitely go for it! If you keep up with what you've been doing and listen to your body, you'll get there in no time.