Sunday, October 5, 2008

1.29

I had a decent run last night. It was supposed to be my slow day but I didn't really feel like walking for 15 minutes. Maybe it was bad of me but I did 5 minute walk, 1 minute run x2 and then walking the rest. I definitely don't want to fall in the beginner trap of overtraining and trying to be a couch commando, getting injured quickly, and then giving up. I'm just not a fan of walking with no purpose. I guess that's contradictory.

OT: I've been preoccupied by trip planning lately and have had a stupid worry. I'm taking my first trip to Europe later on this month and I'm going to bring my shoes and my Nike+ with me. I took it with me when I lived in Australia and I was pretty proud of having red outback dirt on my shoes (they're still a nice ruddy color, a year later) so hopefully I'll have some English dirt on them as well. I'm just sort of concerned about keeping to my running schedule as I'll be by myself for half of my trip. I know that my travel buddy will trot beside me for part of the trip but I need to stick to it or I think I'll fall far behind.

Anyone ever run on vacation or do you just let it rest for awhile?

No comments: