Friday, October 3, 2008

1.27

Well, I didn't die. That's just about the best thing I can say for tonight. I was tired, I put it off for as long as possible, and it was so cold I think I froze my lungs. But I did it. I REALLY didn't want to run tonight. I also REALLY didn't think I'd be able to do 3 minutes again. 

I'm trying really hard not to think about how painfully slow I am. I know, logically, that I will get faster. In fact, I ran my fastest mile tonight. I try to just think of one or two days ahead and I know that eventually, I will run 5 or 6 miles and not even think twice about it. But today it seems hard. Not impossible, just really hard. 

I think I need to lay off the cheeseburgers and fries.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I need a little bit of your toughness for doing it when you really don't want to! I'm having a hard time getting those runners on my feet and getting out that door! I have to tomorrow morning. I signed up to do the 5km Run for the Cure! That's my motivation.

E said...

Good for you for getting out there and toughing it out! Don't give up - you are doing great!