Wednesday, October 8, 2008

1.61

I actually made it through 4 minutes and really didn't think about walking at any point. I took water with me this time and I think it made all the difference. That and the fact that I avoided running any of the uphill slants in the neighbourhood. I didn't check my time every 5 seconds either, which for me is a pretty huge deal. I still hate being slow but I can say that my average pace went down about a minute from the last time I ran. I took a look at my stats on the Nike+ website and I'm continually improving. My mileage is getting higher and my avg pace is getting lower every week. I know I'll hit the wall soon but hopefully looking at things like this will help me get through it.

5 comments:

Felice Devine said...

Congrats! That's awesome that you are seeing continual improvement.

And, you're right. We all need good workouts to remember during the tough times.

atrusni said...

Hey, you think you are going to hit the wall, but that does not happen, I thought the same thing, and here I am, continuing running!!

web.me.com/amaurydeleon

Alexandra said...

You're playing it very smart!
Now look at you go!
No walls in sight for you!
Keep up the good work!

Alexandra said...

I have tagged you! If you care to play along, check out my blog title "You're it, I've been tagged!"

Unknown said...

Oh no! I tagged you too! Thanks Making Waves - guess we think alike!