Friday, September 26, 2008

1.03

As I finished work and walked to my car, I thought about how much I didn't want to run tonight. The biggest reason being I was absolutely exhausted. I was toying with the idea of skipping tonight or just taking the dog for a slow walk when I got a message from one of my friends saying she had posted some pictures from a wedding I attended as a bridesmaid. 

Have you ever seen a picture of yourself where your heart stopped because you had NO idea you really looked like that? I'm not one to hate on my body, I'm all about body confidence, but that's probably because I used to look halfway decent. When did I get a double chin? A HUGE double chin? When did my upper arms start to look like mattress stuffing? I don't think I've ever been this big in my life. It really shocked me. I was a little sad, too. It seems like a monumental task to get in shape. I was feeling a little discouraged and then I thought that, really, I can only take one step at a time. Literally and figuratively. So I took a step out of the door, a step into the road, a step down the street, and before I knew it I had finished my run for today. 

One step at a time.

No comments: